Dear readers and customers,
for the second time in our 12 year company history I speak to you here directly as CEO. The last time only two years ago because of the still ongoing pandemic. The necessities of our current times leave me no other choice. At the moment, I don’t really know how we should do here “business as usual”.
Currently, there’s a war going on in Europe. It’s now day 9 of this war.
It’s an unfair war, it’s a war built up on lies. That’s the case with any war, throughout human history. We don’t support wars, we never did, never will.
In fact, I’m a member of the German Peace Society. I feel it as my duty to at least inform you about this and provide some help. So please watch the video above carefully and if you want to help I want to provide some links and information today which might come in handy in case you want to join the help.
If you are in the war zone, actions you can take in case of explosion and about clean water:
- lie on the ground and cover your head with your hands
- use available shelter
- help the wounded
- do not enter damaged buildings
In the absence of water supply:
- take drinking water from pumping stations, wells, mine wells, drinking water bottling points
- for drinking and cooking – boil for at least 10 minutes
- store water in closed containers
- water from open reservoirs – only for technical purposes
That’s what’s currently distributed through Ukrainian mobile networks. Please also update yourself from time to time through reliable English news sources if possible, like BBC, Guardian UK or CNN, to get news about safe corridors.
If you are in Europe or elsewhere, actions you might take from here:
- organise trips to Polish, Slovakian and Romanian borders. Help the refugees there. What they need the most at the moment: food, clothing, medicine. Bring what you can
- additionally to personal trips, organise these transports in your neighbourhood. In Germany there exist networks, like https://nebenan.de/feed/ukraine-help. You can collect cartons here and plan better
- offer your flat/apartment/house for refugees: https://elinor.network/gastfreundschaft-ukraine/
- donate money to UNICEF to help Ukrainian children and families: https://unicef.de/spenden/ing-nothilfe-ukraine/. German link, bank from the Netherlands. UNICEF offers agencies worldwide
- resources for refugees from Ukraine and supporters (important, updated, no guarantee about updates and manipulations as its an open document): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OlZIz-72A2xI2uUOFE07L5ObQGP4JDcXZ2vdIs2P9BQ/mobilebasic
- updates about status in Eastern Europe: https://mobile.twitter.com/i/lists/1218335925958213633 (Twitter feed, German version. There may exist feeds in other languages)
- contact https://uaks.de/ (German) to offer your help. There exist Ukrainian culture or other associations in your neighbourhood too. You might not know them yet, google them
- join demos and peace gatherings. Check if your city offers them already: https://friedenskooperative.de/ukraine-krise-alle-infos. (German version, there exist overviews for your country too, google them)
With our strength and knowledge combined, maybe we have a chance to prevent the worst. For Ukraine, as well as for the rest of the world.
Be brave and strong,
may peace eventually prevail,
CEO & Founder
[Update I, 03/14/22]
Added the latest hint about water from the Ukrainian mobile networks; removed the Anonymous hint as our local Chaos Computer Club added that supporting black and/or grey hat hacking is simply too dangerous.